Pages

Lets Draw Together!

Earlier this year I challenged myself to draw every single day for a whole month. One month turned into 50 days before the drawing challenge was abandoned. It is time for another one month challenge!

Why did I do this challenge?
I wasn't happy with any of my drawings for other project ideas. I was scared of putting a pencil to paper thinking other people would judge me. I wanted to improve my art technique and conquer my fear of making art.

Why drawing every day?
The challenge aims to have you putting pencil to paper every day in a conscious effort to practice without prejudice. This means that you allow yourself the pleasure of art with the only goal being making some marks every day and without a specific intent you free yourself to make mistakes, practice and improve.

In my first monthly challenge by the end of 30 days I had seen improvement in the way I saw my subject and while day to day I noticed no changes, after a whole month my techniques had certainly improved. Most important of all, I felt comfortable taking a blank page and making marks all over it.

Everyone can be IS an artist!

What should I draw?

If you’re a complete beginner, then you should start with life drawing. You can start with things you see around you - things on your desk, your opposite hand, flowers... Drawing things from life helps you to learn depth and size relation which is a core skill needed to start and improve drawing from imagination. I can also point you to a couple of good tutorials you can complete in the first week or so.

I will be drawing from life. I might draw from photos some days and something I can see on other days to keep things interesting. If you would like to do life drawing of people and don't have a willing model, I have a link to an online album full of beautiful bodies for artists in a range of typical poses. (don't be shy! They're only poses, no erotica!)

When do we start?
My plan is to start next week and it would be great to have some people to share with this time. We don't all have to start at the same time, so if you would like to do this challenge at any time please do! But, make sure you can commit to at least 30 days in a row!

OK, I'm committing to a date... I'll start on Sunday the 21st of November for a minimum of 30 days! That means I can stop just before Christmas if it gets too much, otherwise I'll be going for as long as I can. You'll know if I'm keeping up because I'll post everything I draw here.

You can make a blog yourself by going to http://www.blogspot.com/ - Let me know where it is, and if you'd like me to link to you so that other people doing the challenge can see too let me know.

Who is the challenge for?
Anyone... Everyone! You could be an absolute beginner or a seasoned artist looking for a challenge.

The only thing I ask is that if you do want to critique someone’s work you do it positively. I am happy to accept comments that may help with my technique, but first and foremost this challenge is about allowing myself to draw, not about making fine art.

Want to join me?
Leave me a comment!!

You'll need a 2B pencil and a sketchbook.
(any pencil is fine, but a softer pencil is easier to create depth in shading)

btemplates

1 comments:

NymphadoraTonks said...

I shall be joining you :)